Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sick Week

We didn't really do anything schoolish last week for a number of reasons.  The first being that we were all sick.  Lydia had an ear infection, Tyler and I had colds, and Ellie had something that made her cranky.  On Friday and Saturday we went to Tyler's hometown because one of his best friends from childhood was having her wedding open house.  It was good to be able to go and spend a day away, but stack that with doctor's appointments and Tyler studying at home for finals every waking hour, and we pretty much had a recipe for laziness.  Luckily, Lydia is still so young that it doesn't really matter if I do anything preschooly with her or not.  We read a few books and she's good.

This week, unfortunately, isn't going to get much better.  I'm leaving on Thursday to go the the Memphis homeschooling convention for a few days, all by my self!  I've never been without the girls overnight, except when I was in the hospital having Ellie.  Tyler can't come because of class, but his mother has volunteered to come down and spend a few days watching the girls while Tyler is in class and studying.  My original plan was to bring both girls by myself, but this is a MUCH better option.  I'm really looking forward to getting to hear all the lectures, but I'm really going to miss my girls.  I'm still on the fence about whether I'm taking Ellie with me or not, but I probably won't.

Next week, though, we're doing a unit on Jungles!

No comments:

Post a Comment