Tuesday, July 14, 2015

First Day of Homeschool 2015

So the girls are really confused about this whole "first day of school" business. To them, we never stopped doing school and the idea of a school year just doesn't really make sense. I explained about the first day of school for other kids and that they don't go to school in the summer. I don't think they got it, but they aren't complaining! Here's a link to last year's first day of school.

I planned on doing the first day of school on July 1st, but that was a Wednesday and Dad had Friday off that week, so we waited until July 3rd this time so he could celebrate with us. Like last year, we had ice cream and brownies for breakfast, which they remembered. Then we took pictures in front of the giant ruler. I had Lydia pose with the first grade sign again because I've decided to officially keep her at that level because that's where I'd put her if I had to send her to school. Eleanor wouldn't legally be a Kindergartner in North Carolina this year, but I'm calling her one because she is so ready for it and can totally handle it.

After that, we went to a large indoor bouncy house and play ground area. The girls had a lot of fun, although Adelaide was pretty nervous the whole time. Lydia was even brave enough to go on the zipline. It took her 3 tries to work up the courage, but after she did it, she was fine and did it several more times. It was difficult to get good pictures because of the lighting, constant movement, and mesh walls, but I did get this photo of Lydia on the zipline and Adelaide on a little slide.

We went to Chick-fil-A for lunch, except I saw a Greek place right next to the bouncy house and made the family wait for me while I got a gyro (worth it!).

When we got home, we had a rest time for a while until everyone, including Dad, said they were bored and wanted to have more fun. So we looked it up and discovered that the Children's Museum in Greensboro had $2/person night that night. We had never been there before, so thought this sounded like a great opportunity to check it out.

By the time we were done, it was already past bedtime but we hadn't even had dinner yet!  So we went to CiCi's Pizza (much to Mom's chagrin and everyone else's delight.)

It was a fun day full of unhealthy food and lots of time out of the house. I think everyone enjoyed themselves and they are already starting to ask if we can have another first day of school. It may take me a whole year to recover from this year's celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment