Friday, April 5, 2013

Weekly Report: Week 26

All three girls playing with their Duplos happily
 School as normal happened here this week.  We're chugging along nicely in all subjects.  I don't even think I'm going to do a subject-by-subject breakdown this week, because it was all pretty standard.  I did notice that Lydia is only 1 poem, 2 scriptures, and 1 fact away from being done with her memorization list, which is amazing to me.  I made that list at the beginning of the year as a sort of shooting for the stars kind of thing.  And since then, I've actually added to it!  Lydia (and even Eleanor) is amazing me with her capacity for memorization.  We are definitely going to finish all her memorization items by the end of July, which is our "official" end of our school year as my plan is to go year round.  I've been working on coming up with a memorization plan for next year, and I think it will be a good year.

Eleanor and Adelaide having fun outside on one of our nice days!
 The weather has been either really nice here or really rainy.  On the really nice days, we've been spending several hours a day outside.  This morning we spent 3 hours at a park and going on a "hike."  We'll need to do that more, because after about 15 minutes into it, Ellie and Lydia started asking me to carry them (I already had Adelaide strapped onto my back).  So we need to work up their stamina!  It was really nice to be out in the fresh air all morning, and we'll probably spend all afternoon outside too.  I better go look for the sunblock

No comments:

Post a Comment