Friday, July 13, 2012

Goals and Current Milestones

Our official first day of Pre-K is going to be August 6th.  Lydia will be 4 years old and I think I will be ready gathering materials, learning methods, and psyching myself up.  Currently, we're doing some unofficial activities, like playing with c-rods, letter magnets, coloring, counting things, etc.  At the end of August, she will also be starting soccer and dance.  We plan on doing "official" school at least 3 or 4 days a week.

For my own records, I though I'd list some of the things Lydia can do right now before school starts so I can tell what kind of progress she's made at the end of the year.

Reading/Spelling: Right now she knows and recognizes all the letters and their sounds.  She can occasionally tell me the first letter of a word when she hears it.  She can also spell her name using magnet letters without any help.

Math: She can currently count to 20 without help and recognize numbers 1-12 when written.  She can mostly count small numbers of objects (10 or less) and tell me how many of something there is, but sometimes double counts things or guesses.

My goals for this year are to have her reading at least cvc word on her own.  I want to complete Essential Math A and MEP Reception for math and be able to count to 50 or more on her own.  I'd also like for her to be able to write her own name.

I think these goals are attainable, but if not, that's ok.  If she completes these early, I'll write up new goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment